Service Technician / Installer
|Title:||Service Technician / Installer|
|Location :||Shelbyville, IN|
High Power Technical Services is the Regional Service Provider for DISH Network in the Kentucky / Indiana area for the last 16 years. We service over 600 new and existing DISH customers daily. High Power continues to lead the satellite telecomm field with our team of dedicated service technicians and support staff.
High Power Technical Services is currently scheduling interviews for Satellite Service Technician / Installers
High Power Technical Services service technicians are responsible for the following:
- Install and service authorized DISH Network equipment at both residential and commercial sites. Related activities include performing site survey to properly locate dish, installing the necessary satellite equipment, activating / downloading receivers, establishing / verifying internet connectivity, installation / activation of wireless access points, routers, and other equipment related to DISH Net systems.
- Promote DISH's Smart Home Services program by offering customers tech based solutions in the form of additional products and services. Technician should be able to properly evaluate the customer's needs and suggest the appropriate solution. Technician must be able to meet or exceed company expectations for performance.
- Educate the customer on the use of their DISH system and related equipment.
- Accurately complete required paperwork including work orders, contracts, and related forms.
- Manage time / schedules properly to ensure on-time arrival at appointments.
- Maintain a professional appearance by meeting company expectations for personal grooming standards, vehicle cleanliness, proper working attire, etc.
- Communicate / interact effectively with customers and fellow teammates.
- Perform job duties on-site while maintaining compliance with all related safety regulations, procedures, and policies including operation of company vehicles.
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 21 for vehicle insurance purposes.
- Have a valid Driver's License and clean driving record to be eligible for company vehicle.
- Be able to pass a comprehensive screening process including criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen.
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position. Our techs must climb ladders and work at height, access areas such as crawl spaces and attics, carry up to 80 pounds as needed, and be able to stand, kneel, crawl as needed to service and install equipment.
- Have seven day availability and ability to work weekends. Evening hours are required as needed.
- Basic manual dexterity skills using hand tools.
- Experience working in exterior conditions. Our techs are routinely exposed to the elements such as rain, snow, heat, cold, wind for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to meet a demanding schedule and work load.
- Professional appearance and attitude with great communication skills.
- Previous sales and customer service experience, preferably in outside sales or service field.
- Paid training program
- Aggressive pay scale that rewards driven productive technicians with excellent income potential.
- Home based routing plans. Techs are routed from their home address.
- Take home company vehicle with gas card. Our techs never pay for fuel while on the job.
- Tool kit and mobile device
- Health insurance, short and long term disability insurance, dental / vision, life insurance, 401k are available to employees.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications